How to Check Car Oil
It’s important to know how to check car oil before it leads to further damage to your engine as well as many other components that your vehicle needs to function properly. However, there may be some Nisswa and Aitkin drivers that simply don’t know what to look for when doing this at home. See for yourself how to check oil levels in cars, and if you need a second opinion, our service and parts departments are standing by to help you.
How to Check Car Oil
Motor oil is what makes your car run smoothly. You’ll want to ensure your Nisswa ride has enough so your engine’s moving parts can run like they’re supposed to. How do you check oil in a car? Read on and we’ll tell you all about how to check oil. And while you’re here, you should know that if you’re looking for a cheap oil change from our service team, try out our service coupons page!
Learn How to Check the Oil Level in Your Car
How do you check the oil in your car? It’s a relatively simple process that you can do at home. A lot of newer vehicles use an electronic oil monitor rather than a traditional dipstick, so if that’s how you are, you can just check it from your car’s info system. If you’re doing things the traditional way, here are the steps:
- Park your vehicle on level ground in Aitkin and make sure the engine is turned off and fully cold.
- Open up the vehicle’s hood and locate the dipstick.
- Pull the dipstick out of the engine and wipe away any oil from the end of it.
- Place the dipstick all the way back in the tube, then pull it out and look at both sides to see where the level is.
- If you’re within a hatched zone or between two indicated lines, you’re all set. If not, it might be time to add more oil!
Check your owner’s manual to make sure you purchase the correct grade of oil for your Bemidji car.
Tanner Nissan Will Keep Your Car Running Right
Now that you know how to check car oil, trust us to handle the larger jobs. If you’re in need of something simple like a tire rotation, we’re the place for routine maintenance. Tougher tasks are our real forte, however. Contact us today and we’ll tell you more about what we can do if your car is in need of repairs.